This course is held in Norwegian.
The target group for the training is personnel exercising the lifeboat coxswain function.
Different type of lifeboats:
- Coxwain free-fall lifeboat
- Coxwain skid-launched lifeboat
- Coxwain conventional lifeboat
The course deals with necessary conditions to be able to command a lifeboat in the event of an accident or accident where evacuation is required. This involves the entire rescue phase such as getting in the boats, launching, getting away from the facility and stay at sea until one is taken up.
The course satisfies the requirements set by Norwegian Oil and Gas and STCW Table A-VI / 2-1.
After this safety training, you will have refreshed your competence in how to:
- Regulations / Regulations
- Technical description and equipment in lifeboat
- Contingency organization / Alarm instructions / Command conditions / Stress
- Lifeboat driver / Crew's duties and tasks
- Helicopter rescue
- Relevant first aid
- Get ready the lifeboat for evacuation
- Organise and lead mustering to and boarding of the lifeboat
- Communicate via radio, in the lifeboat and with the emergency response command Launch the lifeboat from the facility and steer it to a safe zone
- Manoeuvre/steer the lifeboat and make provision for spending time on board
- Handle emergency systems and equipment tailored for different conditions in the lifeboat
Basic safety and emergency preparedness course. Basic lifeboat coxswain course or MOB boat and rescue vessel pursuant to table AVI/2-1 in the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) convention.
The participants will be assessed during all practical training.
After completing the training, the participans will have to complete a theoretical test.
The course certificate is valid for 2 years and must be repeated every 2 years after the examination.
Courses are offered in our locations in Stavanger, Bergen, Haugesund, Kristiansund and Grimstad.
Dates and locations can be selected in our course list.
Payment for the course is made when signing up for the course or at the location of your choice. We also offer payments via Vipps or invoice.
All our courses start at 10.00 on the first day of the course unless otherwise is stated in the course confirmation. The remaining days course starts at 08.30.
Remember to bring a valid ID.
All course participants must bring woolen underwear or underwear that is not synthetic.
Lunch is included in the course price and is served every day.
Remember to notify any allergies in advance.
Lost your course certificate?
Get in touch by email and we will send you a new one email@example.com