Courses held in English are marked in the course booking list.
The course is a mandatory minimum requirement for all seafarers who are to serve on vessels, regardless of position and function on board. This also includes personnel working on passenger ships.
The course must be repeated every 5 years.
The course is conducted in accordance with the STCW convention and is approved according to IMO regulations. The course is valid worldwide.
After completing this safety training, you will acquire competence in:
- Table A-VI/1-1 Specification of minimum standard of competence in personal survival techniques
- Table A-VI/1-2 Specification of minimum standard of competence in fire prevention and fire fighting
- Table A-VI/1-3 Specification of minimum standard of competence in elementary first aid
- Table A-VI/1-4 Specification of minimum standard of competence in personal safety and social responsibilities
- Survival at sea in the event of ship abandonment
- Minimizing the risk of fire and maintaining a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire
- Fighting and extinguishing of fires
- Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Taking precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Observing safe working practices
- Contributing to effective communications on board ship
- Contributing to effective human relationships on board ship
- Understanding and taking necessary actions to control fatigue
Mandatory participation throughout the course, and passed final examination in accordance with the aforementioned tables in the STCW code.
5 days (50 hours)
The course certificate is valid for 5 years and must be repeated every 5 years after the examination.
Courses are offered in our locations in Stavanger, Bergen, Haugesund, Kristiansund and Grimstad.
Dates and locations can be selected in our course list.
Payment for the course is made when signing up for the course or at the location of your choice. We also offer payments via Vipps or invoice.
All our courses start at 10.00 on the first day of the course unless otherwise is stated in the course confirmation. The remaining days course starts at 08.30.
Remember to bring a valid ID.
All course participants must bring woolen underwear or underwear that is not synthetic.
Lunch is included in the course price and is served every day.
Remember to notify any allergies in advance.
Lost your course certificate?
Get in touch by email and we will send you a new one email@example.com