This course is held in English
Engineer officers with no valid seagoing practice during the last 5 years.
The course must be repeated every 5 years.
After completing this safety training, you will refresh your competence in
- Table A-VI/1-1 Specification of minimum standard of competence in personal survival techniques
- Table A-VI/1-2 Specification of minimum standard of competence in fire prevention and fire fighting
- Table A-VI/1-3 Specification of minimum standard of competence in elementary first aid
- Table A-VI/1-4 Specification of minimum standard of competence in personal safety and social responsibilities
- Table A-VI/2-1 Specification of the minimum standard of competence in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats
- Table A-VI/3 Specification of minimum standard of competence in advanced fire fighting
- Table A-VI/4-1 Specification of minimum standard of competence in medical first aid
- Survival at sea in the event of ship abandonment
- Minimizing the risk of fire and maintaining a state of readiness torespond to emergency situations involving fire
- Fighting and extinguishing of fires
- Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or othermedical emergency
- Taking charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after
- Operating a survival craft engine
- Managing survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Using locating devices, including communication and signalingapparatus and pyrotechnics
- Applying first aid to survivors
- Controlling fire-fighting operations aboard ships
- Applying immediate first aid in the event of accident or illness on
STCW Basic Safety Training for Seafarers (tables A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, AVI/1-3 and A-VI/1-4 STCW Advanced Safety Training for Seafarers (tables A-VI/2-1, A-VI/3 and A-VI/4-1).
8 days (66 hours)
Mandatory participation throughout the course, and passed final examination in accordance with the aforementioned tables in the STCW code.
The course certificate is valid for 5 years and must be repeated every 5 years after the examination.
Courses are offered in our locations in Stavanger, Bergen, Haugesund, Kristiansund and Grimstad.
Dates and locations can be selected in our course list.
Payment for the course is made when signing up for the course or at the location of your choice. We also offer payments via Vipps or invoice.
All our courses start at 10.00 on the first day of the course unless otherwise is stated in the course confirmation. The remaining days course starts at 08.30.
Remember to bring a valid ID.
All course participants must bring woolen underwear or underwear that is not synthetic.
Lunch is included in the course price and is served every day.
Remember to notify any allergies in advance.
Lost your course certificate?
Get in touch by email and we will send you a new one firstname.lastname@example.org