This course is offered in Norwegian but can be delivered in English if requested.
The course provides an understanding of well control techniques for surface or subsea BOP installations beyond standard supervisor level according to International Well Control Forum standards and IOGP476.
The course starts with 2 standard IWCF L4 written exams: Equipment and P&P. On successful completion of those (min. 80% pass mark), the Technical Topics starts.
Technical Topics are:
- General gas behavior as foundation for Volumetric Method and well control principles.
- Classroom and practical exercises.
- Volumetric Method, in classroom and with various challenges during simulator exercises.
- Bullheading in classroom, case studies and simulator.
- Highly Deviated Well Control in classroom, with different challenges in Simulator exercises.
Added to the Technical Topics, and ingrained in the simulator exercises is CRM according to IOGP 476.
CRM Topics includes:
- Communication and situational awareness
- Decision making
- Personal Development
- Plan for each participant
- The course is led by instructors with extensive experience in well control and CRM and is delivered in an environment of experience sharing
- The course will include theory, case studies, group discussions and exercises
The purpose is to improve the Well Control knowledge for experienced personnel to a new higher level above and beyond the current IWCF Level 4
Well Control training and assessment as well as to enhance non-technical skills by focusing on CRM principles and knowledge sharing.
- Candidates must have attended IWCF Level 4 training at least twice before and achieved at least an 80% pass mark in each individual component on the previous two examinations.
- Candidates should also demonstrate significant experience of continuous learning during their career to effectively carry out their well control responsibilities.
- Proof of Continuous Professional Development is required.