This course is offered in Norwegian but can be delivered in English if requested.
The course is to give the participants a better understanding of how a stuck-pipe situation can develop. To learn that predicting a stuck-pipe situation can be made whilst under development and what warning signs to look out for. Precautions to be taken to avoid stuck-pipe situations as well as examples of freeing methods to solve such problems.
- Conditions that can cause stuck-pipe
- Stuck-pipe terminology
- How to predict stuck-pipe using trend analysis
- Remedies to avoid stuck-pipe
- The human factor
- Solution examples when the pipe is stuck
- Finding solutions by means of group work exercises
- Lessons learnt from actual stuck-pipe cases
To be able to:
- Create an environment where team members challenge existing practices and suggest or develop new ones that enhance operational performance
- Identify and eliminate activities that have potential to result in increased non-productive time
- Openly discuss issues that impact on operational performance
Assistant driller and higher positions. Supervisory positions onboard and onshore.