This course is offered in Norwegian but can be delivered in English if requested.
To give the professional junior drilling staff the necessary knowledge regarding common formulas and calculations used in the oilfield. Participants are also introduced to well control principles and kill sheets, prior to attending their first well control course.
- Practise with American oilfield units of measure
- Practise with oilfield calculations and formulas (volume, capacity and displacement)
- Effect on dynamic system pressures due to changes in density and pump rate
- Causes for different pressures and strengths in formations
- Hydrostatic pressure in gas and fluid
- U-tube calculations
- Gas law
- Pressure versus depth diagrams
- Basic well control principles
- Well kill methods
- IWCF kill sheets surface and subsea
- Practical exercises on the Drillsim 5000 full-scale simulator
- Oilfield terminology
To be able to:
- Understand basic calculations used in well control
- Drill and shut in well on the Drillsim 5000 simulator
- Fill in the IWCF kill sheet for surface and subsea kill operations
- Use the drilling data handbook to obtain various tubular data
- Obtain sufficient knowledge about the course content to pass a written test with minimum 70% score
Participants must have done a Basic Mathematics course, Drilling Technology 1 and 2 certificates and sufficient practical experience.